94 grand prix brake problem??

here's whats happening on my 94 3.4 grand prix ABS,about 3 years ago the abs light came on and the only syptom seem to be that besides the light being on is the anti-lock circut on ice or wet pavement is not working but regular brakes are normal .even the dealership told me that if i didn't mind the light being on i could get by without the abs working providing the regular brake system is fine.this seemed okay since i can't afford 5 or 6 hundred for a new abs unit,there scans said it was the unit not just a wheel sensor,okay jump ahead 3 years later now and what is going on is-first it started out about 6 months ago as when braking at a light and just about stopped the pedel will fade quickly for about 1 or 2 seconds and the car will lurch forward a few feet then the brake will catch(at the same time this happens there is a clicking sound under the hood at the master cylinder/abs unit,)this is very speradict(parden the misspelling)and will happen maybe 3 or 4 times out of 30 or so then may not happen for weeks at a time,in the 6 or 7 month period it never has gotten worse or progressed,it does it the same intervals and intensness the first time as it does now,now there seems to be another syptom appearing,the actual brake light next to the abs light has come on.again i had the garage check it over and they say the system appears fine,no loss of power or brakes,no loss of fluid,everything is working,i am experianceing no brake loss or problem except the clicking sound coming from the master cylinder/abs unit at the exact same time as 1 to 2 or 3 second peddle fade and loss of brake .any ideas what is going on??maybe a master cylinder rebuild or replacement or is the abs unit horsing up my regular brake system now?? thanks bob

Reply to
Bob Fox