94 Grand Prix SE , Anyway to disable the automatic door locks when you put it in gear?

Just want to disable the auto doorlocks when you put the car into gear. Is it possible to do this and still have the power door locks work normally? thanks for any help!

Reply to
Sammy

I would think there should be a relay in the remote receiver module that can disable this. If you unsolder the relay it would probably work. Some relays are in sockets that you can just unplug.

I will have to look for that. Thank You!

Reply to
Sammy

In the owners manual for my '96 Bonneville it has a way of deactivating the auto door locks. Did you check your manual to see if it says anything about it?

Reply to
80 Knight

Just got the car and it didn't have a manual. tried to download a copy from mygmlink.com but the pdf is bad. I contacted them and they say they are working on a fix. The link that lets you buy one for $20 is working though. imagine that. Thanks for the input!

Reply to
Sammy

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Reply to
80 Knight

Waiting for mygmlink.com to get the link fixed. will report back on how i made out!

Reply to
Sammy