'94 Grand Prix stumbles

Hi

'94 Grand Prix 3.1L 197K idles fine but recently has begun to "stumble" (cough and hesitate?) on acceleration. If I floor it- it will respond but still stumbles a bit. I recently did have the engine light come on. I won't ask about pulling the code because I already know it can't be done on this car without a scanner (OBD1-OBD2 transition car).

Last year I had the opposite problem- a rough idle. I eventually fixed that by replacing the digital egr ($40 junkyard as opposed to $250 @ Azone!) During my attempts to fix the idle problem I did the following: New plugs, New plug wires, new pcv, cleaned throttle plate, new air filter, new fuel filter.

Based on what I did already within the last year, what is likely causing the stumbling now? I am guessing: o2 sensors, MAF sensor or IAC?

The scanning situation on this car sucks. It costs $70 locally just to have that done. Autozone cannot scan this car- they have told me and have even tried but all they use is a jumper key which is a waste of time.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Reply to
Sox Fan in CT

Have you checked the coil pack resistance? Check and clean the Idle Air Control motor.

Reply to
clevere