95 Grand AM, Water in Trunk

About three years ago, water started appearing in the trunk of my 1995 Grand AM. I got into the trunk and had a second party hose water over the entire rear area of the auto. No indication of water coming into the trunk.

I inserted a thin 0.15" "feeler" between the seal and the trunk, and moved it the total 360 degrees, the feeler felt snug as it traveled the path.

I got under the car and could not see any problem beneath the trunk. No problems.

This problem remains a mystery, any resolutions or wild guesses will be appreciated.

R. Maniag, Houston, Texas

Reply to
Man News

Water tends to comes in at the tail light housings on that car. Remove and silicone back in place both tail lights. Silicone both sides of the gasket.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Thanks Paul, thanks a lot. Since the trunk seal seems in tack, and there are no openings in the bottom of the trunk, I could easily see where the lamp housings could be at fault. Thanks again. Richad

Reply to
Man News

Take out all the padding, etc, in the trunk, get inside, close lid, have someone you trust hose possible entry points. Oh, yeah, you will need a flashlight... and a screwdriver in case your friend leaves you in the trunk.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul