95 Grand Am Won't start when warm

I have a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE, 133K miles on the quad 4, with automatic trans. It will not start when warm or hot. It will only start if you let it cool down for about 15-20 minutes. Turns over fine, just no start. Just put new plugs in it, didn't make any differance. After it is started it runs fine, I just drove it for 95 miles, no problem. Just can't shut it off, unless I plan on letting it cool first. This makes it kind of hard to go for a short trip to the store! Anybody have any ideas, as to what the problem could be? Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim

both Crankshaft Position Sensor failing, and ignition module failing come to mind as likely possibilities.

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

A little more info on this, It will start if it is within about 15 seconds of being shut off, but if waited any longer it will not start for about 20 minutes. Maybe it is flooding after it is shut off?

Reply to
Jim

They flood if an injector bleeds out (is stuck open). GW

Nick Trouns> Ahhh don't be absurd, unless there's something VERY wrong in the world today

Reply to
Geoff Welsh