95 Grand Prix vacuum check valve question

Hi.

I apparently loose vacuum during acceleration and going uphill, causing air to blow to the floor rather than through the upper vents.

My service manual states that there is a check valve to maintain vacuum and prevent this. But I can find on further information on this check valve, such as where it is and how to check it.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Karl

Based on my knowledge of other vehicles I would expect the check valve to be in the vacuum hose not very far from the source on the engine and upstream of the vacuum reservoir. It will likely look like a plastic disk. It can be checked, no pun intended, by blowing through it. It will pass air in one direction but not the other.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

I'll look for that. Strangely enough, I'm having the same problem on my old

89 Dodge Dakota, so I'll look for the check valve on that one, too.

Thanks.

Reply to
Karl

Turns out to be a small 1/8" vacuum tube was broken near vacuum tank under fender. Replaced, problem solved.

Reply to
Karl

OK. Good for you. Nothing like a quick and easy fix to a problem.

Reply to
Silver Surfer