95 pontiac sunfire gt

i've had a pontiac sunfire gt for a little over a year and we've had some trouble with the heatercoil and we put a new one in it but now my heat doesnt come out as hot or hard...what could be the problem?

Reply to
cherrycoke961

Could be a Bad heater coil.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

Could you have possibly left off a vacuum hose under the dash or dislodged one of the duct seals under there?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

You need to make sure all the air is bled out of the cooling system. In the older model engines it can be difficult to get out all the air, and it will cause a lack of heat and possibly hot spots in the engine. Just running the engine on these will not push out all the air.

Somewhere around 95 or 96 they changed the cooling system to eliminate one of the bleed ports and installed a bleed tube and hose. Our 96 has it, our

95 does not. But regardless, both still have the bleed port on the heater core line - near to the oil fill/dipstick. Both must be bled of all air, (with engine not running) and once properly bled, should have no further air when opened with the engine not running.

If you bled out all the air, and it keeps getting more air in the system, then you have a leak in the system - could be one of those awful, oh no, head gaskets.

Been there, done that! Once a leaking head gasket, letting air get in the system. One obvious symptom was lack of heat. Another time the seal/gasket at the thermostat housing extension was leaking (external drips), also letting air in the system - most obvious symptom, besides the coolant collecting under the car when parked, was lack of heat.

Good luck!

Reply to
Mike

tr a air lock (disconect the return line from the heater and allow air to get out )this could be your problem DO THIS WHILE ENGINE IS COLD if this is not the prob could be vapour lock ,,Good luck.

Reply to
cargirl2000