95 sunfire, whats it worth

Hey looking at buying a 95 sunfire. 4 door, 231,000KMs, looks to be in good shape, makes a clunk noise when shifting from park to drive?!? The guy wants $1800 Canadian for it (works for a car dealership and bought it off them for wholesale price, now trying to sell it on his own) Is it worth it? or am i better off with my 84 corolla! any opinions appreciated!

Reply to
Homer

Might look it up here:

(Kelly Blue Book) to see what thatcar in that conditio and mileage is going for. With that noise, I'd have itup a on lift to be looked over prior to purchase. Could be a motor mount,or tranny issue. Motor mount probably wouldn't be too big of a deal, trannyproblem might be depending on the problem. Good Luck!

Reply to
FBR

Also check for cylinder head repair history. This model is known to have head gasket problem.

Reply to
Mnn

Good point!

Reply to
FBR

A 95 with 231k km? With a clunk? I would go $500 Canadian, max.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=2D=A6=2D?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=2D=A