'96 Sunfire

1996 Pontiac Sunfire: My low coolant warring light stays on even though there is enough coolant. Is there a way to reset the sensor so the light will not stay on. There is no apperant leak and engine is not overheating.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
david

Yes, you need to tap on the overflow bottle in the area where the low coolant sensor is housed. It's down low on the bottle, you can see the wires going to the sensor. Tap in the location a few times with the butt end of a screwdriver and then see if the light goes out.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

You may need to turn the car off and restart it to turn the lamp out if this frees the sensor.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Do as Ian has suggested. Air bubbles get trapped around the sensor and this fools it thinking its empty.

I had a Z-24 a few years ago & my light would go on when I would turn the corner fast. Never even knew it had a low coolant light till I flew around a corner one night.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face