97 Grand Am Coolant Mixture

A few months ago I had to drain my coolant in my 97 GA 3.1. Instead of adding coolant I just filled it with water, it ran cool with just water. I am now ready to add the dextrol coolant I have 2 bottles of it. Will the proper mixture ratio take the complete 2 jugs of coolant mixed with the water? I am trying to figure out how much water to drain before adding coolant.

Reply to
rockie Feller

Running just water is not recommended. Antifreeze has lubrication for the water pump. If you are running just water, you can destroy the pump not to mention other potential damages it may have already been done to the coolant system.

As far as mixing ratio, you should mix the coolant first then pour it into the coolant. Follow the instruction on the container.

Good luck

MN

Reply to
Mnn

Reply to
Slicknick

Erosion in a Ford Anglebox... why am I not suprised? :-) But correct, running w/o coolant is bad news.

And the only Anglia that I've seen worth owning is the one Ray has up in Auckland NZ, repowered it with a ricey Toyota 4A-GZE. Ever seen a supercharged 1600cc DOHC EFI Anglia?! :-D

Nick.

sixties? ) Any way,

been. You won't believe

worn deep grooves into