97 grand prix

97 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8 motor it has a "K" in the vin #.I am replacing the motor with a used 3.8 out of a 99 Buick regal. I just dropped the new motor in but I cannot figure out how to bolt the fly wheel and torque converter together. The holes look like the are lined up at first glance but the bolts will not go in upon closer examination I can see the torque converter holes are a little high in reference to the fly wheel. What should I do?
Reply to
ssrider

Switch flywheels? The transmissions were probably different and bolted up differently.

Reply to
Paradox