97 Grand Prix A/C Leak

Hi,

My 97 Grand Prix GTP lost its freon last spring. I had it charged and while I was at the service man's house (he is retired) he used his freon sniffer to sniff around all the places he could reach. He did not detect anything with that device, so he added the die and asked me to come back and leave it with him over night if it leaked down again...

I procrastinated (or am a tight wad), and now after a year, I forget where he lives! LOL. But anyway, I need to get it fixed, as Florida is warming up.

Is anyone familiar with any unusual history on this model Grand Prix that is common so I can mention that to an A/C guy when I find one? I am fixing to bite the bullet and go to the dealer I guess... but thought I would try you folks before I go there... any other advice is welcomed too.

John

Reply to
gifer

Leaky evaporators are common as dirt.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Leaky evaporators are common as dirt.

I'll 2nd that, my 98 Grand Prix evaporator went out after 4 years. It ain't cheap to have done.

Reply to
BR549