97 Grand Prix Overheated

About an two hours after having my oil changed at Jiffy Lube, my car overheated. I'm suspicious they did something wrong. I was driving and it felt like I couldn't accellerate. I heard a clunking noise and managed to pull into the nearest BP. My gauge was all the way to the red. My blowers aren't working, so I couldn't turn on the hot air to try and get it away from the engine. I popped the hood and checked my oil after the car cooled down a bit. The oil was leaking, but the stick read Full. My fans aren't working. I recently replaced the alternator & battery. Not too long before that was the radiator gaskets & belt. I'm pretty sure I have an electrical problem. One of the relays isn't getting a charge. I'm not sure if my water pumps not working or if the sensor is bad. I don't know where to go from here. If anyone can PLEASE HELP me, I would be so greatful!!!

Reply to
junebug1482

I personally would not let any quicklube change my oil. That is a gimmick! The oil should not be changed quickly. They just let the bulk of the oil drain & put the plug back in. That is insane if you ask me. The oil should be allowed to drain out instead leaving some dirty oil in the pan & engine. Anyway do you have the 3800 V6? Have you checked the coolant level? If the fans arent working, the car will not overheat going down the road unless you have another problem. Did this happen in heavy traffic or moving down the road? The fan is needed only when you are stopped, or stop n go traffic. I would make sure that the coolant is flowing & it has plenty. If the coolant is not flowing, you have a bad waterpump or thermostat. What is a radiator gasket? Have the hoses been changed lately, radiator flushed etc. If so, you have air in the system. You can bleed it out on the top of the waterneck.

Reply to
Micah

Problem 1

Problem 2

Don't you watch your gauges whem you drive

Problem 3, What car are you driving??

How long did you let the car sit, oil pumps around in the engine, let it sit first. Where was it leaking from?

You can't be too happy with your car.

Seems your problem is your car.

So you change alternators, batteries, radiator gaskets & belt(?) and go to the Jiffy Lube for an oil change?? You come out and have some unrelated problems -> TROLL

Reply to
Simon

"Simon" -> MORON

Reply to
no spam

Last week the Chevy dealer relaced the oil pan on a Cavalier, stripped out drain bolt. The car belongs to a regular Jiffy Lube customer.

Oil Pan Replacement cost $215 w/oil.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,488 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

This even happens at our dealership. The lube kids think you have to torque the drain plug so tight that you have to hang off of your wrench to get the drain plug out. I was giving them shit today about that very thing.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Ian,

I changed the oil on momma's Caddy last week & the dolt who changed it last time overtightened the oil filter. Had to use the 1 inch socket on the the filter cap because the ratchet square was twisting in the plastic bore.........oh wait I was the last one to change the oil....shame on me.