'97 Grand Prix wipers stuck in vertical position

My wipers are working fine, but when I turn them off, they stay in the vertical position. Is this a problem with the park tab on the wiper motor? I'm clueless on this stuff, but I found one website that provided this as a cause on 2002 models. They worked fine yesterday, but not today. There was some snow/ice on them, but it was heavy enough to damage them (they weren't stuck down). Is there an easier override to get whatever controls these to have them revert back to the horizontal position when off?

Reply to
nelson.bradley

@#@ The wiper arms have slipped on the shafts out of time. Sometimes happens with ice snow on them.

Rey