'97 GTP Heater Fan

Hello all

I have a problem with the heater fan on my '97 Grand Prix GTP. About a year ago the lowest speed of the heater / defrost fan quit. I asked the dealer about it and he said that it was likely a failed resistor going to the motor. No big deal for me as the second speed was okay to run. A week ago the second lowest speed of the fan motor also quit. Is this also a resistor? If so where are these items located? Running the fan at number three is getting a bit annoying. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
baddad

Typically the resistor is near the blower motor on the firewall. 2-3 screws hold it in. Remove the screws, unplug the wire harness and pull it out. You will then see several coils of wire attatched and two of them should have a break in them somewhere,

The resistor controls speeds 1-3.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 179 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face