97 pontiac bonneville - climate control inside temperature flashing

I just too my 97 pontiac bonneville in to get the transmission rebuilt. After I picked it up I noticed that the inside temperature value on climate control flashes for about a minute or so when I start it up then goes on solid. The car did not do this before I took it in. There is now no control of the temperature of the heat coming out of the heater (I never even new the heater could put out that much heat) and when in auto mode the fan stays around medium speed and does not reduce as the temperature inside increases. It would seem that there may be a problem with the inside temperature transducer (hence the flashing), a wiring connection or power source, or a vacuum hose or something similar. I can't quite figure out how this transmission change would be connected to this problem. It appears that someone may have accidentally given the fuse panel a boot when getting into the car and possibly disrupting some fuses which has given me a lot of grief before with the security system. Also the battery was disconnected. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, pjwlk

Reply to
pjwlk

with the egine running and the hood open do you hear an obvious loud vacuum leak around the brake power booster?

On my car there is a vacuum hose connection there that controls the vacuum motors for the heater doors. Mine was not hooked up after my trans was rebuilt & I drove home with about 8% heater capacity working.

My guess is something didn't get connected right after reassembly. Alot of things get moved, disconnected or removed in order to take a transmission out.

Easy to get distracted in the shop during reassembly.

Good Luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,033 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face