97 Pontiac Grand Am Air Bag Replacement..help

Hi...wazzup? I have a 97 GA with a bad horn switch and the switch is made in the damn airbag because its a brilliant design. Anyway I have a used one I ordered off the net for about $140. My question is because of the location of the 2 screws on the back of the steering wheel I can't see what type or size it is, all I can do is feel and know its either a torque screw or hex but every tool I have tried I cant get a snug fit and cant tell what type or size it is. Anyone know what type and size will fit these screws?

Reply to
Hickabob McCrane

For what it's worth the service manual for a '98 GA says that these screws are Torx but does not say what size they are.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

A mechanics mirror is cheap and may help you to be sure what type they are.

Reply to
hls

off the top of my head i believe they are T-30 or T-25 torx screws. leaning more toward T-30.

Reply to
MrGoodwrench