98 grand am no start condition

I swapped out an engine from a 2000 cavalier (2.4l 4cyl). I used all of the components from the 98 engine except the fuel rail. It seems like I am not getting fuel. Any idea why?

-- Message posted using

information at

fogducker

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have spark, and the pump does run. It takes a while for the pressure to build up, and then and only then it will try to start. But it wont catch. It think that I might be loosing pressure but how do I check? There is no service port to put my gauge on and I don't want to splice into the pressue hose. Also I noticed that the smaller diameter hose (which i assume would be the pressure hose) is empty when I disconnect it from the quick coupler. The larger diameter hose (return?) has gas in it. What is that trying to tell me?