98 Grand Am Spark Plug Question

I have a '98 Grand Am SE, and I have located the spark plugs under the plate that says 2.4L Twin Cam on top of the engine, however, I do not know how to remove the rubber/plastic part that seems to house the spark plugs. Do I just have to yank on the rubber once the plastic bit is pushed down?

Thanks in advance, Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol

That whole cover piece should come off as one, unless they changed something, and yes you just pull it off. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol

If a 94 is similar to your 98, then here is a pic:

« Paul »

Just pull the rubber pieces off the plugs. Basically, they are the same as the large boot on a regular spark plug wire.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Okay, thanks Ian. I was just worried to pull any harder, because I was pulling with a pair of pliers, and it didn't seem to come loose. I didn't want to rip the rubber part.

Thanks

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol

sometimes it helps to try rotating the rubber boot to break the seal loose then pulling.

Reply to
LandB