98 Pontiac Grand Am se help!!

Having trouble with my car. When it is on a red light or stop sign it likes chokes like it stalls, its not giving fuel. I tap the gas pedal and it goes. I took it to the shop a couple of months ago to a merchanic and he said it was the Egr valve. He cleaned it it looked dirty. So he said, If it gave me more problems that i would have to replace it and buy a new one. Is this mechanic saying the truth about my car. Ive changed fuel filter, spark plugs, wires. Whats wrong with my car?

Reply to
deb789

vacuum leak?

Reply to
tj

"deb789" wrote: > Having trouble with my car. When it is on a red light or stop > sign it likes chokes like it stalls, its not giving fuel. I > tap the gas pedal and it goes. I took it to the shop a couple > of months ago to a merchanic and he said it was the Egr valve. > He cleaned it it looked dirty. So he said, If it gave me more > problems that i would have to replace it and buy a new one. Is > this mechanic saying the truth about my car. Ive changed fuel > filter, spark plugs, wires. Whats wrong with my car?

Okay, I took it to a man who owns his shop next to his house . This is what he fixed. He said there was a engine misfire code 0451. Multiple cylinder misfire. He replaced the coil cover, boot set, 1 spark plug #4 cylinder. Okay i tested out the car it runs better. But still doing that hesitation again. Also, I was at the grocery, I had the car at drive all of a sudden the car wanted to stop .So i put the car on the neutrol and all of a sudden the rpm started to go up about the number 6. So i decided to turn off the car. Then restarted it and it turned back on. but still giving me the hesitation . I ve noticed also when i start the car i have to give it

2 cranks then it will start after pressing the gas pedal 2 times. Does this have something to do with the problem with the hesitstion also? I went back to the mechanic and told him about the problem. He said he coudnt find anything wrong with it. He said to leave him the car for a couple of days to see if it hesitates on him. Did he cheat me out? Also, Please help me find this solution on my car ?
Reply to
deb789