99 Grand AM 2 Dr SE " Light On "

Does anyone know how to turn lights off? Everytime you crank the engine up and put it in gear lights come on even during daylight hours. It's annoying and please help me how to tackle this problem. Any help is most greatly appreciated.

Reply to
EC Diaz

If you mean headlights, then it is normal. It is supposed to work that way. It is a GM safety feature, just like high door sills that don't allow you to hang an arm out the window.

Reply to
« Paul »

Remind me which vehicles you can't get your arm out of. I have no problem on my 2002 Blazer, or any late model GM I have worked on, although the newest we get at work are 2001 or so. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Remind me which vehicles you can't get your arm out of. I have no problem on my 2002 Blazer, or any late model GM I have worked on, although the newest we get at work are 2001 or so.

Reply to
salmon slayer

This is a safety feature you moron. They can't be turned off. They are called "daytime running lights". If you actually paid for insurance you should even realize you get a discount for driving a car with this feature.

Reply to
HDD

Hi GW, The trucks, vans, and most suv's are ok. It's the cars that I have arm problems with. I started renting GM's about 4 years ago. That's when I first noticed it. I'm fairly sure it has to do with increased lateral crash protection in a low vehicle.

Reply to
« Paul »

hmmmmm. We must be different size fellas, cuz I hang my arm out of EVERything and one of my friends had a 92 GA back in the early 93 that I borrowed a few times (military base) and I had no prob. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Strange I didn't notice that when I rented a 2003 Grand Prix in April

2003, in Florida......now that I think of it...I LOVed that car....I had previously only been in rental Grand Ams, and the Prix is MUCH more my size..........of course I have had my 1970 GTO since I was 17 years old so I have more expectations in size. ;-) GW
Reply to
Geoff Welsh

hmmmmm. We must be different size fellas, cuz I hang my arm out of EVERything and one of my friends had a 92 GA back in the early 93 that I borrowed a few times (military base) and I had no prob. GW

well it not that i cant but the rubber on the inside of the door hurt my arm .it's sit higher then the opening but it up for sale it is a 92 gt with 86000 mile v-6 it still nice paint and run for 900.00 we just got a new mustang... ss

Reply to
salmon slayer