99 Grand Am oil change indicator

Can anyone tell me how to reset the "change oil" indicator on the 99 grand am?

Thanks, Pete

Reply to
archer57

turn ign on but do not start car, push gas pedal 3 times, light will flash. then turn ignition off and start car...should be reset

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

Thanks!

Reply to
archer57

if I remember correctly -- its set to go off at 3500 miles (i think)

1- open drivers side panel to get to fuse box and reset switch 2- turn on key 3 push and hold rest switch until u hear the chime 4- let go

if u use amsoil - which doesnt need chang >Can anyone tell me how to reset the "change oil" indicator on the 99 grand >am?

Reply to
Havertown_99_deletethispart

does the 98 have the same feature?

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

Reply to
Havertown_99_deletethispart

Turn the day to the right but don't start the car. Open the control panel and find the reset button. Push the button twice but on the second time hold it down until the change oil light flashes. That's about it.

Reply to
mamba33