99 Grand Am, squeaks.

It didn't do any good after replacing belt and belt tensioner. And it got so spendy when a mechanic told me to replace p/s pump. All three items were replaced but the squeaks still there. What could be the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
EC Jazz

My understanding is that most squeaks come from a misalignment in the belt/pulley system. If you can not pinpoint it to a component (alternator, air conditioner, power steering pump, etc.) be sure all fasteners are tight and the belt is tracking straight. I just replaced the power steering pump on my car due to a squeak, the pump worked fine and seemed tight but for some reason it made a lot of noise. The new one is quite. Terry

Reply to
Terry