99 Monte Carlo Directional going bad

I have a 99 Monte Carlo with 135k 3.1

The left turn signal stopped working last night. It's not that it comes on and doesn't blick, it just doesn't come on. I stopped in my drive way last night to see if the front or rear turn lamp was on. Neither were. Pulled it into the garage and they started working again.

Today driving my right turn signal stopped working. Turned the corner and it started working again. Is GM still having problem with steering column cables?

I had a 94 Grand Prix that had a manditory recall and the turn signal arm replaced/repaired for free.

Would this be a blinker going bad?

Do you GM guys see this?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Craig Watts

Fixed or more info:

I found that if I apply pressure in either direction the signal works fine. If I push all the way to lock a left turn it doesn't come on. I think I can live with this. I hate to become one of THOSE people: People that do not use their turn signals. I get so damn mad sometimes.... and then they are talking onj the phone.

ARRRRRRGGGGGH

And I have been one of them for the last 24hrs AND felt the pain.

Tanks,

Craig

Reply to
Craig Watts