ABS, Trac and Check Tire Pressure Lights on

Hi! I own a 97 grand prix and I had a slight mishap with my car where I bent one of my rear wheel inwards. I got it fixed, but once I did that, my "ABS", "trac off" and "check tire pressure" lights came on. When I push the "trac on" button nothing seems to happen. Also I get a buzzing sound from that wheel on idle (not noticeable while driving). The lights go off sometimes when I start the car. But when I put it in gear and start moving they come on again. How can I fix this. Please help.

Santosh

Reply to
santosh

Most likely you have damaged the speed sensor in that wheel. A scanner would give you that information.

Reply to
Philip Wagner

I got it checked and it confirmed that my scanner is indeed out. But will a blown fuse or short show the same thing? Anyways, if it is indeed busted, how can I fix this. Do I have to change the entire wheel hub? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
santosh

I dont understand what you mean about youre scanner being out. If a wheel sensor is bad,sometines the sensor is seperate,and some are incorporated in the wheel bearing.Which means the whole bearing must be replaced. Usually the kind built into the bearing are on the front. I`m not sure which applies to you`re car.

Reply to
Philip Wagner

rotate your tires, front/back

Reply to