acceleration problems

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am (4 cyl) with about 92,000 miles. Lately its been a little more sluggish when trying to accelerate from a stop. Once I get up to 25 or 35 mph it doesnt seem as bad, although it does still seem a little sluggish when getting onto the highway. Also when I put the car in park and rev up the engine it tops out at 3500 to

4000 rpms and then kind of jolts. i have also had a few instances where i am sitting at a stop light and let up on the brakes and the car jolts forwards until i accelerate. any ideas?
Reply to
baskball14

Clogged fuel injectors, clogged fuel filter or dirty spark plugs. Just my guesses.

Lee

'00 SSEi

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter