Air Conditioning Fan Speed

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am. The air conditioner/heater fan does not do anything until the 3rd position. Fan speed postions 1 and 2 do nothing, 3, 4 and 5 seem to work fine - with increasing speed.

The problem is that speeds 3,4 and 5 is too much air most of the time.

Any suggestions on how to check this out?

Thanks

Reply to
Jack

I had the same problem with my 00 Oldsmobile Alero. It was the resistor pack that is under the passenger side dash. I had it replaced under warranty and this problem came up more than once under the Old's newsgroup. I don't know if the situation is the same for the Pontiac. Here is a link and a part number I have left in case you don't want to pay the dealer. I think I have more info on my PC at home. You can also type in "alero resistor pack" under

and follow the info there. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Robert Murphy

Sorry. Forgot the link and part #.

part # 15359314 resistor

Robert Murphy

The problem is in fact the same on the Grand Am's as it is on the Aleros: a faulty resistor pack. Unsure if the part number is the same for both vehicles though.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard