Another Question

2001 Pontiac Sunfire

I heard it might be true that if the gas cap isn't on tight enought it will cause the engine light to come on, I have noticed mine do that but I have gotten out an tighten it and it doesn't go right off but after a bit it will go off. Concidence or might I have a bigger problem?

Thanks again

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

It's working fine. It'll normally kick off after a few miles.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

"Andrew" wrote

The Evap system check is often a bit erratic. Sometimes you can go a number of drive cycles before the light comes on, even if you have a large leak in the system. Other times, it will reset on the next drive cycle. Probably the best thing to do would be to keep the gas cap tight all the time. That will eliminate "that" as a source of the engine light coming on.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

The system must test itself and pass 3 times in a row before the lamp is turned off. This may take a few weeks.

Reply to
hyundaitech