Anyone here with Mobil engine cleaner HM oil experience??

I just had my oil changed for the first time since I started using Mobil engine cleaner for high mileage. Now I slipped up here and waited for close to 5000 miles before I changed it instead of 3000 (car now has 82000 miles on it). I was told that I was a quart low before they even dropped the oil, which is something my car has never done before ( 99 Sunfire 2.2L) I was wondering because of the oil blend and what it is SUPPOSE to do, if this could have something to do with this. All I ever have ever used before was just 10W30 motor oil at qucik change oil places. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this before with this oil. I can't find any leaks anywhere on the motor at all.

Reply to
Barry

An engine cleaner or a synthetic would remove any caked up heavy oil varnishes/deposits which might open up some previously sealed areas. Oil consumption after 5k miles is NOT a issue trust me. If it was a quart every 500miles then yeah it would be but 5k and one quart isnt nothing to be concerned about. Just be sure to keep it in the operational range on the dip stick. If you changed it every 3k like you probably should be its consumption wouldnt be as noticable.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Here is the reply that mobil sent to me when I asked them the same question, makes sense since this oil is going to find its way a lot more in different places.

It is possible the oil is going past your rings and/or valves however using 1qt. of oil in 5,000 miles is well below the industry average and should not be a concern. It is very possible with consistent use the oil consumption will reduce

Reply to
Barry