Automatic level control U body (Van)

Hello Group, Does anyone have experience trouble shooting the automatic level control on the montana/venture U body? When loaded it seems the system leaks and the van rides low. The air commpressor cycles and air can be heard leaking. With only 2 or 3 passengers, it maintains level. Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin

solution of soap and water in an spray bottle and spray the whole system note the appearance of air bubbles which indicate an leak.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

I have inspected the lines and they don't seem to be the source of the problem. I know they are the most likely culprets. While under load, the system holds untill the relief solenoid engages and then has to re-cycle the compressor. It seems like the relief solenoid is causing the problem. Any experience with that being defective?

Martin

Reply to
Martin

NAPA sells direct replacement *gas* shocks for these vans, replacing the troublesome air shocks. They run about $70 CDN each and make a world of difference.

Reply to
Mark Keeling