Back again...'98 Bonneville stalling...

Hello and thank you for your prior responses and suggestions.

It's the 3800 motor with 117,000 miles. On occasion it will stall for no apparent reason. The "check gauges" light appears, the "chime" sound is heard, and then it stalls. So far the "check engine" light has not yet been activated. It has always re-started with no problem.

It's been checked twice by a mechanic and nothing has been found. After

2 1/2 weeks of all kinds of driving and no stalling, it's stalled six times while driving only five miles at around 35-45 mph.

Thanks again...

dw

Reply to
fpbulman

One of my old Bonnevilles would stall out on me (or try to stall out) if I had less then 1/2 a tank of gas, and was turning a corner.

Reply to
80 Knight

How long has it been since the fuel filter was changed?

Reply to
Les Benn