belt tension pulley - 94 Bonneville

Is there any way to adjust the belt tension pulley on my 94 bonneville 3800

6cyl. It is making very loud noises.. with the hood closed it sounds like a really bad lifter knocking. Please help its driving me crazy. Thanks
Reply to
Knight

To my knowledge there is no adjustment. The tensioners are spring loaded. Perhaps it is worn out, or something else driven by the belt is making the noise. Slip the belt off and try spining the other pulleys by hand.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Sounds like you "may" have a broken harmonic balancer.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Knight

In that case, you may need to try a tensioner. If you release the tensioner, does it seem sticky, or too loose? Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yes it does seem a bit sticky... The poor car has almost 300,000 miles on it. I just changed the waterpump and as soon as I started the car the noise began I am assuming that when I pulled the belt off to change the water pump that something must have gone in the tensioner. But yes a bit sticky but not loose at all. Thanks for the help

Tracy

Reply to
Knight

Reply to