Bonneville 2001 Steering noise

When turning the steering wheel, I sometimes get a "rubbing noise " from the front area of the car. Has anyone out there that is experienced the same problem? This is not a major item but my warranty is about to run out and I would like it fixed first. My dealer has not been able to duplicate the noise which only occurs about once or twice a day, and therefore unable to fix. Does anyone know the cause and cure.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul & Wendy

I have an Intrigue and it does the same noise, but it seems that only after the car has been stopped for several minutes.

Reply to
Neo

Probably the steering rack. A good number of 2000-2002 Bonnevilles have had these replaced under warranty....my 2000 SSEi included.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter