Bonneville SSEi Report Card

I've had the '00 SSEi for four years now and here is the scorecard:

  1. 7 oil changes - w/Mobil One - 5
  2. Replace steering coupler - recall, no charge
  3. Replace On-Star module - recall, no charge
  4. Replace FR tire and wheel bearing - hit curb (don't ask) - 5
  5. K & N air filter -
  6. Replace cabin air filter -

Not bad for a "lowly" GM car. Obviously, I have front brakes and tires coming up in 8-12 months, but with towing a 1200 lb Waverunner/trailer combo I think the reliability of this car has been proven. At least in my book.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

That's pretty good. Based on your oil changes you should have around

30,000 miles on the car. I would have the trans oil changed about now.
Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

It sounds as if your Bonnie has been really reliable Lee. I have a 2001 and the only problem I've had is with the front edge of the body side molding. It was initially held in place at the rear of the the front wheel well with two-sided tape. I had it retaped twice before telling them to screwnail it in. End of problem. Lee, where did you find the cabin air filter for $9.00???

Reply to
Sting Ray

Would of been nice to know how many miles you put on in 4 years. I'm guessing there should of been a radiator flush, a trans oil change, a spark plugs change and a belt change in those four years too.

I have a five page report card for my car - too much to list...............

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,383 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

NAPA

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Mileage is 37,350

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

I'm doing the flush myself this fall. Belt is next year and the plugs I'll do at 50,000 when the trans fluid/filter is done.

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Lee,

That is rather low miles for a four year old car, I can see why not much has been done to it. I keep forgetting, I'm the only fool in here drivin

25 to 30,000 miles every 12 months..lol.

Of course, my aunts 99 LeSabre has only had oil changes since new & she has barely 9000 miles.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,383 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I wouldn't wait so long. I did, but at only 33000mls I noticed that the fluid was brownish. I had it flushed ASAP...

As for the plugs, they're good for 100000mls. The cables will probably need to be replaced before them...

Reply to
Neo

It won't be hard to sell that Buick....

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

The 100,000 miles for plugs is more advertising then anything else. We used some 100000 mile plugs in a car and after about 30,000 miles one of the plugs cracked and another one lost the electrode. I think we have both plugs laying around somewhere too.

The fluid I think is more of a check it thing and if it's fine then it can wait till when the manual says it needs to be changed.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

You got that right! What you drive in 12 months would take me five or six years!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

You only use your car for shopping?? I'm lucky if I stay below 3k miles per month. Guess why I changed to synthetic oil! After 87k miles a windshield, several oilchanges, and a mirror heater no problems on my list.

Reply to
Simon

I'm less than a mile from work and don't really travel much. I was intentionally keeping the mileage down the first three years because of the

12,000 mile/yr lease I had. Since I sold my '89 GTA last Fall my mileage will start to increase, I'm sure.
Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter