Building the Chevy Camaro has been Axed!

Yep, I went looking for the original and couldn't find it.

Reply to
John Horner

I stand corrected. Odd that M/T didn't have it available when this thread started.

Reply to
John Horner

Not surprising. I don't think it ever sold worth a hoot and the current generation didn't deserve to.

John

Reply to
John Horner

It's just temporary. GM has announced that it will bring the Monte back with it's Zeta brand rear-wheel drive platform.

Reply to
80 Knight

Nope the NASCAR spec "car of tomorrow" is next years car They will be identical bodies with the auto manufacturers engines and decals. No manufacturers parts used. See

Steve W.

Lee,

The Bonneville is around 309,149 miles.

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

Sweet!

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Very true. With the COT, it's no longer a problem. They can call it Silverado if they want to.

Reply to
Joe

Well, I'm sorry - I was wrong too. However, it's clearly still not news. It hasn't proliferated anywhere on the internet as far as I can tell, and it seems very unlike everything else in the news. For instance, there's really not any indication that there is a 2008 GTO coming. They'd have to start building it in about 4 months. Where is it? There's apparently no such thing. Years ago, there was a 2008 GTO in everybody's head. Today, the G8 is clearly going forward, so how is Holden's platform not refined enough for a Chevrolet? It's good enough for the most expensive Pontiac? The article doesn't really make any sense TODAY. I can't find a date on it - My guess is it's a two-year-old article.

I guess we'll see.

Reply to
Joe

Okay - here we go: something with a date, but Bob Lutz himself.

That Motor Trend article was from when the Zeta platform was cancelled in

2005. Everybody remember that? I don't know much about the motor trend website, so I won't comment about the age of anything else on that page. I think they've abandoned that part of their site, but you be the judge.
Reply to
Joe