Bulb Out on Steering Wheel Radio Control

Greetings!

I have a 97 GP with steering wheel radio controls. On one of them, the bulb no longer illuminates. To replace the control itself was ~$130 -- a little foolish considering it's otherwise functional.

Anybody know how to take the control apart so I can then see what kind of bulb/LED it might take? I've removed it from the steering wheel, but it looks to be a pretty enclosed unit that I could risk breaking w/o knowing the proper way to open it up.

Thanks much! :-)

Reply to
Jim

Scott Zabolotzky

Nice site. Thanks for the link.

Reply to
« Paul »

wonder if that's the same bulb that will fix the dim backlit display problem radios in Grand Ams and Sunfires....it looks like it. I could NOT get bulb help from Radio Shack when I tried. Thanks for the part number! GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

i had the same problem with my odomoter backlight in my sunfire, its the same light thats in the the radios, all i did was take out the orginal bulb, and solder the leads of the new bulb onto the connections of the pcb

Reply to
M.C. Tee