Cabin Air Filters

Has anyone bought these cabin air filters at a Pep Boys or Autozone? WalMart doesn't seem to carry them. OEM's are much too expensive at the gm dealers.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

Might check, but I recall some of the aftermarket filters are not charcoal impregnated thus cheaper. Try a place like

or

DonW

Got my cabin air filter from Advance. Fairly reasonable price. Made by Fram.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Bought mine at NAPA for around $9.

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Does anybody know if the Heater / AC performance effected if the cabin filter is dirty? I think the filter is standard on the Park Avenue I dream of.

Damn these new fangle options !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,033 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

It appears to me that all outside air passes through the cabin filter so there has to be an effect on heater and AC performance although how much is hard for me to say.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Yes, the cabin air filter is at the inlet to the blower (Bonnevilles), and when fouled with dirt, dust & grime will adversely affect air flow cfm across the filter. Harry, The Park Ave Ultra is my dream car.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb