Can't find cause of shuttering, please help

Hello,

My 1995 Pontiac Grand AM GT seems to shutter when I drive between 55 and 60. The shuttering is not at a constant rate and happens at 2-3 second intervals. It feels like the car is trying to switch gears, but the tac reads constant. It only happens during this one speed range -- slower or faster stops the jerking. Neither mechanic I have taken it to seems to know the problem. If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thank you, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Sounds to me like a tire is out of balance or you have a bad tire.

Reply to
abomb6900

Perhaps an engine misfire. Check your plugs and wires.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Yep, sounds like a broken belt in a tire.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Paullin