Can the Idler pulley on the tensioner be replaced - 98 Grand Prix 3.8

Have a question on the pulley that is part of the tensioner. Can I just replace the pulley and leave the tensioner alone? I called Advanced Auto Parts and they said they have just the pulley.

Just want to make sure it can be replaced instead of buying the whole unit.

If so, does it have a reverse thread?

thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed

yes you can --- and no its not reversed thread.

--tr

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

tom ronson

Just bought the pulley for $16 and replaced it. The instructions said the bolts could be regular or reversed thread. This tensioner had reversed threads.

Ed

Ed wrote:

Reply to
Ed