Carb Problem

I've been having a problem with my '01 Waverunner XLT, but since it's a general fuel problem I figure some of you gearheads may be able to help. Besides, my regular "Jetski" newsgroup folded many months ago.

The Waverunner has 89 hours on it which I would say is similar to 30,000 miles. It is a two stroke 1200 cc, 3-cylinder, 3 carb motor. Recently, it will be a royal pain to restart after reaching operating temperature and then sitting for more than 10 minutes. Also, I no longer have the hissing from the gas cap when I open it. It used to "hiss" every time I opened it.

My friend said it may be the carb's needle valves.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to just dump it at the Yamaha dealer and have them soak me.

Lee

'00 SSEi '01 Yamaha XLT 1200

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter