CD player swap

I just got a 2001 Grand Prix SE from my family. I traded them my 2000 Grand Am SE because I wanted a car with a larger interior. I assumed that the Grand Prix had a factory CD player, but to my surprise, it does not. It has the factory cassette player. I don't want to get an aftermarket CD player because I don't want to have to modify the dash. Does anyone know if I can just swap the cassette in the Grand Prix with the CD in the Grand Am?

Reply to
brandon.heck

You would have to take a look at the CD deck from the Grand Am and the tape deck from the Grand Prix. Just pop both decks out and look at the connections at the back. As far as I can recall, they are the same, but I'm not totally sure.

Reply to
80 Knight