Change oil light

I asked this question last year, got an answer, tried it, and it worked. Problem is, I can't remember what the sequence was now. I'm 58, have an excuse. I have the "change oil" light on on my daughter's 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. I changed oil today. How do I get the warning light to go off? I'll write the procedure down this time so I won't have to ask again. Thanks........Jerry

Reply to
Smurfsdad

It should be in your owners manual. Normally it's turn on the key w/o starting the engine and fully depress the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. The oil light will then start flashing, turn off car.

Reply to
Craig Watts

IIRC, in the interior fuse block is a reset switch. Turn the key on, press and hold switch until it chimes, turn key off, then start engine. That's it.

Steve M. in CA.

Reply to
Steve M. in CA.

That sounds closest. You have to push it once so the "Change Oil" light starts to flash, then you press and hold the button. Then it's done when it chimes and the light goes out.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid