change oil soon light

It's been a while, how do I reset it? I know it's got something to do with key position and the gas pedal being depressed, but just can't seem to get it right. Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Casper

On my 2000 GA, inside the fuse box is the reset button. Check your owners manual for the correct procedure. If it's like my 2002 GMC work truck, key on, press gas pedal to the floor and release five times, turn key back off.

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
Steve M. in CA.

I found on my 1999 Grand Prix GT that if I press the pedel all the way down

5 times fast but not really fast I can get it every time.....I few other mechanics that I work with say that its different in every car..its kinda got its own "personal" touch too it :)

Duane Swan

1999 Grand Prix 81,000
Reply to
Duane Swan

Reply to
Chris Twolan

Have a 98 Grand Prix, followed directions in manual; turn ignition key to on but not with engine running, pump gas pedal three times then wait for the change oil light to blink, turn off ignition.

Reply to
rck

Reply to
Casper