Change Oil Soon Light

I have a 2000 Grand Am SE. I just recently changed my engine oil ( Two Weeks Ago) But now my change oil soon light have been on for a couple of days now. Someone please tell me whats going on.

Thanks in advance, Joey

Reply to
adrian kinzy

who didn't reset the oil light after the oil was changed??????

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

"adrian kinzy" wrote

You need to reset the change oil light. Look in your owners manual for the procedure.

Or, open your drivers door, pull the fuse panel cover off the left side of the dash, turn your ignition on, push the red button in the fuse panel until the oil change light starts blinking, release it, then push it again until the light stops blinking. Turn off the the ignition, now start the car, should be good to go.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

The light has to be reset...it's based on mileage and doesn't know when you change the oil. The procedure is in the manual as the others have said...its really easy

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

Reply to
adrian kinzy