Chaning coolant

Real stupid question here. I've got a 99 GP that I need to change the coolant on...any tips on how to do it efficiently?

Philip

Reply to
Philip
1)Place shallow bucket under radiator 2)Unloosen petcock 3)Let fluid drain into bucket 4)Remove cap from bottled coolant 5)Remove cap from coolant refill container on car 6)Stick funnel in refill container 7)Grab handle on bottled coolant, lift and poor into refill container 8)When full start engine with cap still off of refill container and let fluid circulate and keep filling as needed. 9)Replace cap on Refill container 10)Remember to close hood 11)Drive away

Reply to
Essb

"Unloosen"??? I love that disingenuous word...lol GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Where the f*** is the petcock? I can't see it.

BTW: Spare me the jokes; already thought of them. A REAL answer would be appreciated.

Reply to
jwardl

Petcocks are either on the side of the tank facing the engine or on the very bottom of the tank.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,190 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

The only good way to replace coolant is with a power cooling system flushing machine, like the one I use at work. If your only option is the drain-and-fill method, which rplaces less than half the coolant in the system, don't waste time finding a pet c*ck which usually breaks.....just remove the lower radiator hose. GW

jwardl wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh