Chev 292 crank in a "Sprint" OHC motor??

Hi... I was just browsing around and found reference to installing a

292 Chevy L6 crank into one of the Pontiac OHC sixes.

The guy's question was asked back in 2001, but never answered...so I'll ask again ;-)

Is this even possible? Is the deck on the Sprint tall enough to push it up to 292ci (or close)

I checked cliffordperformance.net and didn't find any reference to it...

Thanks...

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

The nose of the crank is machined differently, isn't it? I suppose that could be changed, though. I have a 230 in the basement, but it's all together, so I can't measure the amount of cylinder you have to work with.

Reply to
Joe

Not sure Joe... I'm new to L6's, and I'm still in research mode. I don't know if I'm even going to attempt messing with them, but as is typical for me, I need to ask a million questions and weigh the pros and cons before making a decision :-)

That would be good info. I am more or less looking for a 292 Chevy, but was only recently made aware of the Poncho OHC motors. I find them rather interesting. I'm just curious how much displacement could be had with "stock" GM parts.

Thanks,

~jp

Joe wrote:

Reply to