Cleaning Moonroof Sunshade

In 6 years my '00 SSEi's sunshade has gotten plenty dirty on top. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to clean it. Anybody have a trick?

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

No experience on this subject but I'd guess the headliner has to come down to remove the sunshade.

It be nice if there was a way to open the glass then pull the sunshade closed so it can be cleaned from outside the vehicle.

Is there any kind of catch or tab in the sliding track that you can press to pull the shade closed while the glass is open?

A Trim Shop might have a solution.

Good luck

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

What's the mileage on the old Bonny?

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Lee,

91 Bonneville is at 307,150

Engine has a knock in it now. One mechanic friend thinks it might be the balance shaft. It didn't sound like a rod or bearing to him.

Not driving it much these days. Only around town. About 150 miles a month or less.

It still continues to start on 2 1/2 - when you count 1, 2, 3.

Buick is slighlty over 42,000 miles now. Heading to Michigan on Tuesday to visit the many car museums in the state.

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face