clicking noise when car is running

my car is making a constant clicking noise when it is on. It sounds like when you have your hazards on. Is there a way to make this stop?

Reply to
angeefonti

shut the car off

We need more info here. Car model, year, engine, is the noise inside, outside, steady, intermittant, louder under load, quieter at idle??

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,718 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

It's a 2001 pontiac grand am, and the clicking noise is right above the radio and it is constantly clicking when the car is turned on.

Reply to
angeefonti

According to the manual for your car there might be an air temperature actuator in that part of the dash. It's a motor that evidently positions a damper. Maybe it's trying to get to where it wants to go but can't get there. Are you hearing a gear tooth skipping noise?

Reply to
Silver Surfer