Climate Control Fan - No Speed 1 & Sometimes nothing till 5

Based on some research on this group from google I want to confirm some things.

First,

98 Grand Prix SE 3.1 V6 Auto NO Trip computer

The first problem that developed is that speed #1 on the interior climate control fan switch produces nothing. ZERO. Moving up to 2-5 is fine.

Based on the groups:

Solution Replace resistor pack to correct the problem.

Is this something I can do. I am NOT a car guru, I AM a computer engineer. Since its electrical I figure I should be able to replace it.

Where in the passenger dash?

One post in a thread suggests that newer parts are ceramic to cure the problem caused by overheating. Current Part #?

Any links to others who have done this with HOW-TO's etc.?

Second problem.

Recently in addition to the above, positions 2-4 will NOT WORK, but may come back on a random times, or just start working again on the next start. The headlights be it DRL mode or night go out. I can hear clicking some where in the dash or engine compartment.

Based on this info and the searches here:

Solution: Replace ignition switch.

Again, for COMPUTER person, is this something if I get the part I can replace myself v. the dealer?

Part #?

Any links to others who have done this with HOW-TO's etc.?

Thanks in advance for all pointers.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

xxnonexnonexx