compatible replacement stereos

I have a 98 GP SE that has stereo controls on the steering wheel. I was wondering which aftermarket stereo's are compatible with this setup. Also, how difficult would it be to change the stereo? It looks like it would be a real mother.

D...

Reply to
Derek V

Theres no aftermarket radios that support the steering wheel controls, there is however a wiring harness that hooks up to it and is programmable to work with an aftermarket radio

Reply to
Paradox

I wonder what year the radio REALLY became part of the data buss? I think it was 98.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

2000, my 99 sunfire had a regular radio in it still, my 03 monte has the wierd data bus cd player.
Reply to
Paradox

There was a company that made an infared transmitter, that connected to the steering wheel controls and controlled the radio by that means... I found it on the web, it was $75 or so, and you needed to mount an infared transmitter somewhere that the radio could see it ( it looked like a small black LED. I almost bought it, but the car needs too many important parts...

Rich...

Reply to
Guess